Stop by the other historic properties restored and maintained by Historic Annapolis—all within a block of the City Dock area.
77 Main Street Now the Museum Store, this two-story brick building just across from the City Dock stored provisions for local troops during the Revolutionary War. Burned in 1790, it was rebuilt around 1810. It was typical of the warehouses that lined the waterfront at that time.
The Museum Store is open to the public daily. Come in to browse a wide selection of books, delight in boats of all sizes for any collector, check out lovely sea glass jewelry, or purchase a tasteful gift or souvenir. For hours of operation or additional information, please call 410-268-5576.
99 Main Street Now the Historic Annapolis Museum, this three-story structure was built in the 1790s, on the site of earlier buildings that had burned to the ground.
Archaeological excavations fleshed out the structural history while the building was restored and transformed into the Historic Annapolis's HistoryQuest at the St. Clair Wright Center (now the Historic Annapolis Museum). Learn More
Waterfront Warehouse Located at 4 Pinkney Street, this building is a rare surviving example of the small warehouses that dotted the Annapolis waterfront in the 18th and early 19th centuries. Small tobacco growers brought their crops to merchants' warehouses like this one, where the crops would be purchased and stored until a sufficient cargo was assembled for shipment to England.
Shiplap House At 18 Pinkney Street, this house—built around 1715—is one of the oldest surviving buildings in Annapolis. Its first occupant ran a tavern here. Later, it was the home of merchants and artisans.
In disrepair when purchased in 1957 by Historic Annapolis, it was restored over many years. It now houses HA's main offices. For more information, please call 410-267-7619.
Hogshead At 43 Pinkney, this small residence is typical of those used to house troops during the Revolutionary War. Annapolis was a focal point for Maryland's war effort, and the new state leased many homes in town as housing for its soldiers. The owners who leased such homes typically were artisans or craftsman.
The Hogshead at 43 Pinkney is closed for the season and will reopen in late March, 2013.