Travel to England with Historic Annapolis
Date: May 2020
With Historic Annapolis and travel company Wild Blue Yonder, immerse yourself next May in the Georgian world of Bath, England, comparing it with the Georgian period of Annapolis; and then explore the Gothic private quads, chapels and dining halls of Oxford on our extension. Besides learning the history and life of these two cities, we’re also planning for you to have a number of hard-to-book special experiences, including:
- Lunch and a garden tour of Prince Charles’ primary residence, Highgrove;
- Exploring Bath itself, from the Roman Baths, to the world of Jane Austen, to the high Georgian architecture of Bath’s famous Royal Crescent;
- Feeling the awe of a sunset inside the stone circle at Stonehenge;
- Visiting the manor house (Chavenage) where major scenes from Poldark were filmed (and Lark Rise to Candleford, plus many others), and meeting the family who lives there;
- On the way to our extension in Oxford, a visit to Highclere (more commonly known to most of us as Downton Abbey);
- Exploring the world of Oxford, its many colleges (with their many illustrious alumni), the medieval streets and spires, and the familiar haunts of our favorite British detective, Inspector Morse; and
- A day at Blenheim Palace, birthplace of Winston Churchill, where we will see the private apartments of the Duke and Duchess of Marlborough.
Please note this trip is still in the early planning stages. To secure a place on the early notification list for this trip, contact Barbara Wendell of Wild Blue Yonder at firstname.lastname@example.org.