William Paca Garden Plant Sale
Date: May 8 - 9, 2021
Location: William Paca Garden, Enter at 1 Martin Street
Time: Saturday, 10 am - 4 pm; Sunday, 12 pm - 4 pm
A tradition for over 40 years, the William Paca Garden Plant Sale provides the opportunity to take home a piece of history. HA volunteers personally raise over 8,000 plants - perennials, annuals, trees, vines, and vegetable starts - that represent the best of the old and the new. From heirloom tomatoes to Thomas Jefferson's favorite snail vine, from native Blue Mist Flower to the newly developed coneflowers "Ruby Star” and “ Sombrero Adobe Orange,” you will find something here to delight. In addition, we will be offering Columbine, Balloon Flower and Blackberry Lily grown from seeds collected from the William Paca Garden. A new special tomato this year is the San Marzano plum tomato. That’s the wonderful tomato grown in Italy, highlighted in canned tomatoes from Italy and elsewhere.
There have been some changes to our Plant Sale process this year to keep our shoppers and volunteers safe.
An in-person sale will be offered on Saturday, May 8 and Sunday, May 9, with capacity restrictions and timed entry (registration required).
Registration for entry will open on Tuesday, April 27 for HA Members (Become a Member Now!) and on Friday, April 30 for the general public.
An online sale will be offered beginning Monday, May 17, with Curbside Pickup beginning Friday, May 21.
The Plant Sale Catalog will be available on April 30 for free online and for purchase at the William Paca House and Garden and the HA Museum Store.
All proceeds support the programs of the William Paca Garden!
Please read our policies for the 2021 sale:
- Timed Entry Reservations - Those wishing to shop in-person must register for entry here. Entry will be timed to restrict capacity at the Sale. Each timed entry reservation will accommodate a maximum party of 2 people; if you plan to bring a larger group, please register for more than one entry slot.
- Facial Coverings Required - All in-person shoppers will be required to wear a cloth or disposable face covering at all times while shopping at the Sale.
- Physical Distancing - In-person shoppers should do their best to maintain a 6-foot distance from others while at the Sale.
- Online Sale - Plants will be available for sale online starting Monday, May 17. The orders will be available for Curbside Pickup beginning Friday, May 21.
- Credit cards, cash, and checks will be accepted.
- No pets will be allowed into the Sale.