Annapolis by Candlelight
Date: Friday, November 3 and Saturday, November 4
Location: Murray Hill Neighborhood
Time: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
A crisp autumn evening is the perfect time to walk through one of the historic neighborhoods of Annapolis. The experience is even better when the doors to some of the homes are open and you are invited inside. Each year in early November, Historic Annapolis showcases privately-owned historic houses on its popular Annapolis by Candlelight tour. Visitors see how 21st-century Annapolitans care for and live in buildings built in the 20th, 19th, or 18th century. Each house is a reminder of the rich architectural and cultural heritage of Maryland’s capital city and illustrates the practical and aesthetic benefits of effective historic preservation. This year’s tour will feature homes in the Murray Hill neighborhood
Cost: General Admission: $35/$40 beginning October 30
Historic Annapolis Members: $30 $40 beginning October 30
Tickets are valid for both Friday and Saturday nights
Tickets may be purchased in the following ways:
- Online using the register button abover
- Over the phone by calling 410.267.7619
- At the Historic Annapolis Museum Store located at 99 Main Street
- Or in person the evenings of the tour at Will Call, located at the corner of Franklin Street and N. Acton Place.
$100 Membership Special
Become a member of Historic Annapolis at the $100 level and get two complimentary tickets to Annapolis by Candlelight. Offer valid for new members only. PLEASE NOTE: Your eticket will only have one ticket, but when you turn it in at Will Call, you will be given TWO admission buttons.
Sponsor Level $100 ($67 tax-deductible)
- Unlimited admission to the Paca House and Garden for one
- Invitation to the annual member’s reception
- 10% discount at the Historic Annapolis Museum Store, and Paca House Shop
- Subscription to the Historic Annapolis Newsletter (electronic and printed)
- Discounts on events and educational program
- Admission for one to the Member’s Only House with purchase of Annapolis Candlelight Tickets
- Early admission for one to the annual William Paca Garden Plant Sal
- 2 guest passes to the William Paca House and Garden
- Complimentary Smithsonian Affiliate Membership
- Reciprocal Admission/Discount benefits are more than 50 Smithsonian
- Affiliate Museums across the country
- 10% discount on all IMAX tickets at the Smithsonian
- 10% discount on cafe dining at Smithsonian Museums in DC
- Free admission to the Cooper Hewitt Smithsonian Design Museum in New York, NY
- 10% discount on all Smithsonian Folkways Recordings
- A personalized Smithsonian-Affiliate branded membership card
- One-year subscription to Smithsonian magazine
General Information for Ticket Holders
This popular tour not only provides support for Historic Annapolis’ preservation and education programs and activities, but also highlights the charm, hospitality, and handsome buildings for which Annapolis has become known. Tour sites are located at:
8 North Acton Place
43 Franklin Street
21 Southgate Avenue
30 Southgate Avenue
8 Thompson Street
5 Steele Street
128 Lafayette Avenue
136 Lafayette Avenue
129 Lafayette Avenue
- Your tickets are valid for either Friday or Saturday night.
- The tour program will be posted on the website by October 23, but will not be available for pick up until the evenings of the tour.
- Your admission buttons and programs may be picked up the evenings of the tour at:
- Will Call - Located at the corner of Franklin Street and N. Acton Place from 4:30pm - 8:15pm
- Historic Annapolis Museum and Store - 99 Main Street from 4:30pm - 8:30pm
- Parking is available at the Hillman Garage with entrances on Duke of Gloucester and Main Street, Gotts Court Garage with entrances on Calvert and Northwest Streets or Knighton Garage at the corner of West Street and Colonial.
- The tour is a self-paced, self-guided tour. Your Annapolis by Candlelight program will have a map that will guide you to the homes. You may tour the homes in any order you choose.
- At each home, volunteers will be inside to guide you through and share information with you about the home’s history.
- The tour is held rain or shine!
- Members Only House: The house located at 43 Franklin Street is reserved for members of Historic Annapolis. If you are not a member and would like to upgrade your ticket, please call 410.626.1033 or ask at the Museum Store.
- Flat-soled walking shoes are a must, as they are safer, don’t damage historic wood floors, and are much more comfortable for strolling the uneven historic streets and sidewalks of Annapolis.
- Please remember to be respectful of private property. Please refrain from touching walls, furniture or any decorative objects.
- Please be aware that private homes are not handicap accessible and wheelchairs cannot be accommodated in private historic homes.
- Restaurant Discounts: Many of the area restaurants are offering discounts to patrons wearing their Annapolis by Candlelight buttons. Please note that discounts apply only to food and do not include alcohol, tax, and gratuity. Discounts will be listed in your tour program. Please see below for the fabulous discounts offered:
Middleton Tavern O'Brien's Oyster Bar and Restaurant
2 Market Space 113 Main Street
Federal House Bar & Grille
22 Market Space
Complimentary Sample of Irish Egg Nog
63 Maryland Avenue