Museum of Historic Annapolis
In the early morning hours of January 21, 1790 a fire broke out in Richard Fleming’s bakehouse on what is now the corner of Main and Greet streets. The fire destroyed most of the buildings along the waterfront block. German immigrant Frederick Grammar built this substantial brick structure now standing at 99 Main Street soon after the fire. Merchant Lewis Neth set up a shop here by the end of that year. Today, 99 Main Street is home of the Museum of Historic Annapolis. Visit our new, permanent exhibition, Annapolis: An American Story.