Get Involved at Historic Annapolis!
For more information about volunteer programs, please contact Janet Hall, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410.990.4514.
Our volunteers are involved in all aspects of Historic Annapolis! Volunteer positions include:
- Docents: Become a docent tour guide at one of our wonderful historic sites – William Paca House, James Brice House, and the Historic Annapolis Museum. Training and continuing education programs are always available.
- Family and Children’s Program Associates: Volunteers help teach our local history with fun hands on activities through educational programs, including the Footprints afterschool program, the Mr. Paca’s Backyard preschool program and our monthly Family Programs.
- Museum Store Volunteer: Welcome visitors at the Museum Store, assist the retail staff, and introduce guests to the exhibit in the 2nd and 3rd floor Museum. In addition, volunteers help with special store events such as inventory, Midnight Madness and the Paca Girlfriends exclusive shopping nights.
- Hogshead: If you would like to learn about and share how the working class lived in colonial times, become a Hogshead volunteer. Dressing in the proper garb of the time, and offering hands-on demonstrations is all a part of the living history offered to our visitors at Hogshead.
- Administrative Assistants: Our administrative offices welcome volunteers to help with marketing, membership, special event planning, volunteer programs, and many other areas. If you can offer your computer, social media, and office skills it would be greatly appreciated.
- Garden Volunteers: Help our professional gardeners tend to the two acre William Paca Garden. Plant and nurture the many plants cultivated for the always successful William Paca Garden Plant Sale.
- Special Events Volunteers: Hundreds of volunteers are needed to help during our annual events. These events include: Paca Girlfriend’s Flower Power Party, Annapolis by Candlelight, Blazers . Bourbon . Cigars, July 4th Naturalization Ceremony, Historic Annapolis Lecture Series, HAG’s Club, and more.
Along with our sincere thanks, we offer training, educational programs, beautiful surroundings, mission oriented people, and flexible scheduling.
Volunteers giving regular volunteer hours through the month receive:
- Free admission to the William Paca House and Garden
- Free or reduced tickets for the many events, lectures and special programs
- Invitation to the Annual Volunteer Appreciation Dinner in the William Paca Garden
- Docent Education Lectures
- Museum Store Discount
- And, the great feeling of accomplishment you’ll get from knowing your commitment is keeping the heritage of Annapolis alive in our community
Get get started today, email or call Janet Hall, Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or 410.990.4514.